TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Agreement sets out the legally binding terms of www.shehnayi.com (also referred to as the “Website”, “we”, “our”, “us”). This Agreement may be modified by shehnayi from time to time. The membership and rights of admissions are reserved.
The service is for the personal use of individual members to advertise and promote their profiles for the purpose of finding a relevant match only for marriages and cannot be used in connection with any commercial endeavors.
The service is strictly a matchmaking platform to seek a life partner and is in no way a casual dating site.
Access to the website is free. However, we offer Premium Memberships wherein one can promote his/her Profile through features such as Inbox, Search Results, Emails, Shehnayi Chat.
This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and its amendment act of 2009 included under pertaining to electronic records as applicable and amended. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of the Website and associated Services (as defined below) is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions including the applicable policies which are incorporated herein by way of reference and as amended from time to time (the "Terms and conditions").
The Website acts as a platform to enable any person to register themselves on it (by filling up the mandatory fields and optional fields) to voluntarily search for a profile(s) from the database of already registered users of the Website, for seeking prospective lawful matrimonial alliances for themselves.
The Website may be able to assist you to create your profile, however, you must have a valid/operational mobile phone number and an email id. The profiles in the database of the Website are classified broadly on the basis of language, religion, and region for the ease and convenience of its member/customer.
The members of the website are provided with free/paid access for searching profiles from its database as per the partner preference set by them (on the Website/Application (App) and shortlist the prospective alliances by themselves.
The membership of the Website is guided by the terms and conditions mentioned herein below. By using or accessing the Website Services, they agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions ("Agreement"):
We do not authenticate any information of any profile and hence the user (also referred to as “you”, “your”) need to verify the credentials and information provided by other users by themselves.
- SHEHNAYI membership and rights of admission are reserved solely for:
- Indian Nationals & Citizens.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
- Persons of Indian Descent or Indian Heritage
- Persons who intend to marry persons of Indian Origin.
- Further in a capacity as a SHEHNAYI member, you confirm that you are:
- 18 years or above (if you are a woman) or 21 years or above (if you are a man);
- Legally competent to marry as per the law applicable to you (however you may register on our website/App by stating "Awaiting Divorce"), and
- Not prohibited or prevented by any applicable law for the time being in force from entering into a valid marriage.
- Role and Responsibility of SHEHNAYI
- This Website is an endeavor to help you find your dream life partner (prospect) through of process of automated searching, shortlisting and contacting prospects amongst our registered members.
- Your registration details on the Website / App are reproduced “as in as available” basis and non-personal information can be shared with members who are registered within our consortium of the website(s).
- We obligate only to provide an interface to its registered members to search their prospective alliances by themselves without any assistance from third party/persons or from other registered members of the Website/App. You agree that the system generated search results of the Website are profiles only from registered members on the Website/App.
- The Website’s automated search engine offers matchmaking profiles between its registered members based on the partner preference set by each such SHEHNAYI member. In the event SHEHNAYI member changing their partner preference on the Website/App, then the results of the automatically generated list on the Website/App may also undergo corresponding changes.
- The Website cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for any specific results from the use of the data available from the Website or from the consortium of other websites/portals.
- You agree and understand that we may also allow third parties to provide you with services like horoscope matching and may also collect the payment for such third-party services utilized by you.
- We shall safeguard sensitive user information using authentication mechanisms, access controls, and encryption techniques.
- We cannot guarantee the complete protection of user data while it is in transit or prevent any tampering of the data by a third party with malicious intent before the data reaches the SHEHNAYI servers.
- Role and Responsibility of Members:
The Website is for individual members personal use to advertise and promote their profiles with the intention of acceptance from relevant matches and cannot be linked with any commercial endeavors. This includes providing links to other websites, whether deemed competitive to Shehnayi or otherwise. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses cannot become members of Shehnayi.com and should not use its services or site for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including unauthorized framing of or linking to other site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including but not limited to civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to review the activity and status of each account and block access to the member based on such review.
- You hereby confirm that as on date of this registration, you do not have any objection to receive emails, messages, and calls from Shehnayi.com and members of the Website and as long as you are a registered member of the Website. This consent shall supersede any preferences set by you with or registration is done with the Do Not Disturb (DND Register)/ National Customer Preference Register (NCPR). This consent extends to emails, messages or calls relating but not limited to phone number verification, the provision of matchmaking advertising service, matchmaking enquiries, and promotions.
- More than one profile of the same person is not allowed on Shehnayi.com and we reserve the right to deactivate all multiple profiles without any refund of subscription fees.
- You confirm that the Content, information including the personal information provided by you are correct and accurate.
- You are strongly advised to upload a copy of your Driving License, Passport or any other Government issued identity to add more trustworthiness for your profile.
- Except for the purpose of promoting/advertising your profile for matchmaking purposes, you cannot engage in advertising to or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the service.
- You will not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Shehnayi.com members. Although we cannot monitor the conduct of our members, use of any information obtained from other members in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any member without their prior explicit consent is termed violation of the Website rules.
- We reserve the right to take appropriate steps to protect our members from any abuse/misuse as it deems appropriate in our sole discretion.
- You cannot use any automated processes, including IRC Bots, EXE's, CGI or any other programs/scripts to view content on or communicate / contact/respond / interact with us and/or our members.
- We reserve the right to screen communications/advertisements that you may send to other Member(s) and also regulate the same by deleting unwarranted/obscene communications/advertisements at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice to any Member.
- The Website members are expected to follow simple precautions for their privacy and safety.
- The members who subscribe to our services hereby, unconditionally and irrevocably confirm that you have read terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
- Account Security:
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the login credentials you assign during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security, and ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session and avoid public networks to access the Website / App.
- Non- Resident Indian customers
- Class Action Suits
You should acknowledge that neither of us will bring or participate in any class action or another class proceeding in connection with any dispute with the other party. Further, you should agree to clause arbitration.
The laws in the Indian Jurisdiction will be applicable.
- Arbitration of Disputes
The Parties shall discuss among themselves and resolve any disputes informally. To resolve any Disputes by amicable and informal means, and we encourage you to contact us before resorting to arbitration. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 days from the date of such dispute, then such dispute may only be resolved through an individual arbitration governed by The Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act - 1996, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Customer Care / Customer Service
In the event you come across any concerns in our service, then please be free to contact us:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No: 7405171886
Address: 2nd floor, above Punjab National Bank ATM, Bairagarh, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- We have reasonable processes and system in place to maintain the confidentiality of all personal information other than those meant for sharing with the prospect furnished by our members and we may at our sole discretion and cost take bonafide steps for maintaining the confidentiality of the information in compliance with applicable law. However, we may divulge such information if required by law.
- Any feedback you provide to us shall be deemed to be non-confidential. We shall be free to use such feedback/information on an unrestricted basis. Further, by the feedback, you represent and warrant that (i) your feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information of yourself or third parties; (ii) you are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the feedback; (iii) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from us for the feedback under any circumstances.
- You agree that we have all the right to process your data through the automated process to serve you with suitable profiles (based on your set partner preference) from the Website or its consortium of websites and may also send you communication in this regard.
- Privacy of Membership:
- Terms and Termination:
- This Agreement will be effective, valid and subsisting as long as you use the Website.
- You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by writing to us. In the event you terminate your membership, you will not be entitled to a refund of any unutilized subscription fees, if any, paid by you, except where otherwise guaranteed in writing.
- A term for the paid Membership would be in accordance with the type of membership undertaken.
- Copyright Policy
You cannot post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be sent to us in writing to the Bhopal address located under the Help/Contact section on the site.
- Limitation on Liability
In no event will Shehnayi.com be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Site or the Shehnayi.com Service, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Shehnayi.com's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to by us, for the Service during the term of membership.
- Third Party Matters:
- We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of any Content/listing posted on the Site / made available to us by any Members or the users of the Website or any third party.
- Shehnayi.com does not assume any responsibility or liability for any illegal Content posted on the Site by any Members, users or any third party.
- All liability, whether civil or criminal arising out of any Content that is Posted on the Site will be of that Member/user / third party who has Posted such Content and Shehnayi.com reserves its right to claim damages from such Member/ user / third party that it may suffer as a result of such Content Posted on the Site. We do not claim ownership of Content you suit or make available for inclusion on the Service.
- Mode of Payment & Renewal:
- Payment made by cash/cheque / Net Banking / Debit / Credit Card would be in accordance with the prevailing RBI guidelines. Activation of paid SHEHNAYI service shall be subject to realization of the said payment. In case of dishonor of Cheque/demand draft; you shall be liable to pay applicable bank’s cheque/DD bouncing charges. Further, SHEHNAYI service to your account will be deactivated/suspended until you settle the value of the payment and applicable bank charges in cash.
- SHEHNAYI uses third party payment gateways for a collection of credit/debit card or other payment instruments. In case of payment gateway failure, the same would be communicated to the you by the payment gateway provider. We shall not be responsible for the extra currency/conversion charges/deductions/error issues from the payment gateway. In the case of failed online transactions, which result in no services, we offer no guarantee whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers card/bank accounts through the payment gateway.
- You agree to provide us with your Permanent Account Number / Form 60/61 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 and rules thereunder in the event you choose any paid package, the value of such paid package being more than Rs.2,50,000/- [Rupees Two Lakhs and Fifty Thousand Only] and above.
- In the Renewal matters, the payments made by you to SHEHNAYI by way of registration/membership / renewal fee / auto-renewal is /are treated as non-refundable. Payment once made for SHEHNAYI services cannot be assigned to any person/party or adjusted towards any other product or packages provided by the Company. Members of the SHEHNAYI package agree that the package shall be "auto-renewed" for the duration and at the cost prevailing at that point of time. The maximum tenure of any packages will be 12 (Twelve) months and post the said period, the said packages will be renewed. However, the member(s) can cancel the subscription by following the process of cancellation as mentioned in the website/app or the member(s) had informed the company that he is not willing to renew it.
- Breach and Indemnity:
- Jurisdiction & Arbitration Clause:
If there is any dispute about or involving the Site and/or the Service, by using the Site, you unconditionally agree that all such disputes and/or differences will be governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Competent Courts in Bhopal jurisdiction, Madhya Pradesh, India. The Parties shall discuss among themselves and resolve any disputes informally. In any way relating to the partnership matters or the effect thereof, or the rights, duties or liabilities of any person hereunder shall be referred to the Arbitration of Arbitrators one to be appointed by each party to the dispute, or questions and the Arbitration shall be governed by the provisions of the Arbitration Act, for the time being in force. Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction.